Kyoto International Student Film & Video Festival is the largest international student film festival in Japan, all is organized and run by university students in Kyoto. We call student’s work from all over the world, provide opportunity of the screening and discover the new talent.
Kyoto is well known as “Cinema City” where a lot of heritages that contributed the development of Japanese Cinema. Kyoto is also known as “College City, Student City” , students taking up 10% of the population.
The festival strings these two characteristics together, and also offers forum for cultural and international exchange and ultimately vitalizes Kyoto.
Festival concept ”Jump out”
- FROM 22th November through 28th November,2014
- KYOTO CINEMA ( Kyoto – city , Japan) 【MAP】
・All PROGRAM：（Advance ticket）¥1,000 /（Today’s ticket）¥1,500
※ The advance ticket is sold with Kyoto cinema from 11/8 Saturday.
We accept the application by the email【email@example.com】
Introduction of the program
1.competition program A-D
Program to show 11 works that a member of the executive committee selected carefully from all 350 submissions in 27 countries.
【competition program A-D <Learn more!>】
Program to suggest various possibility of the movie which I cannot tell you about only by competition.
|The crossroads of film and them -Films made by high school students-|
|World Wide Collection －What’s a family?－Europe ver.|
|Un certain regard of Kansai|
|World Wide Collection －What’s a family?－Asia ver.|
3.commendation ceremony/screeing grand prix works
The last program that final judge and director winning student gather in a hall.
Which work win the grand prix?
| 11/28 fri.
■Screening Grand Prize Films
■Talk Show（Grand Prize Film’s Directors × Final Judges × Studentstaff ）
1. Collaboration with Kamocinema
- 23th July,2014 18:30 open
- Kamo-river banks, Kyoto
- Showing 3 awarded films from 2012 & 2013 Festival
2. Collaboration with Kyotango Film Commision
- Summer: 20-21th August,2014 / Winter:December,2014
- Kyotango-City, Kyoto
- ・Interchange with local inhabitants
・summer: Showing awarded films from 2012 & 2013 Festival
・winter:Showing awarded films from 2014 Festival
3. Collaboration with MOOSIC LAB 2014
- 8th October,2014 18:30 open
※【Holding period】MOOSIC LAB 2014 in Kyoto :From 27th September To 17th October,2014
- Rissei-CINEMA, Kyoto（former Kyoto City Rissei Elementary School）
- The collaboration movie of a film director and a musician is shown.
Showing the impressive works of music ,selected from past award works .
4. Japanese Student Film & Video Festival 2014 in Kyoto
- 9th Nobember,2014 13:30 open
- The Museum of Kyoto
- Showing the work which won the grand prix by three student film festivals held in Japan.
（Tokyo Student Film Festival/TOHOCINEMAS Student Film Festival/Kyoto International Student Film & Video Festival）
5. Collaboration with Tanabe Benkei Film & Video Festival 2014
- 8th Nobember,2014 18:30 open
※【Holding period】Tanabe Benkei Film & Video Festival:From 7th To 9th Nobember,2014
- Kinan Culture Hall （Tanabe-City，Wakayama)
- Showing 5 awarded animation films from Festival of the past
- Submission Period
- FROM 10th March through 16th May,2014 ※Valid it postmarked on or before 16th May
- ・Feature Film: More than 20 minutes in length
・Short Film: 20 minutes or less in length
- Entry Procedure:
- 1. Complete the online Entry Form on the official website.
2. You will receive a confirmation email of your entry.
3. Ship your submission package
- Ship to:
- Kyoto International Student Film & Video Festival 2014 “Entry Film”
c/o The Consortium of Universities in Kyoto
Campus Plaza Kyoto, Nishino- Toin – dori ,
Shiokoji sagaru, Shimogyo-ku,
Kyoto 600-8216 JAPAN
Find us on
Kyoto International Student Film & Video Festival 2014 Office
c/o The Consortium of Universities in Kyoto Campus Plaza Kyoto
Nishino-Toin- dori Shiokoji sagaru, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto 600-8216 JAPAN
TEL: +81 75 353 9430 (closed on Mondays)
FAX: +81 75 353 9101